MUGLA METROPOLITAN MUNICIPALITY
The 3 rd INTERNATIONAL CARICATURE COMPETITION
Discovering fire is the fundamental revelation in history of humanity. Thanks to the fire, human discovered light, how to cook and forging precious metals. However the exploration of fire has also caused harmful results.
Many natural disasters have realized during history. The fires comes the first. It left a deep mark in the memory of human.
The great Rome, Chicago, Londra, Canada, Peshtico and Siberia fires the great fires known as the great fires realized in the world.
Today, the fires which starts in the urban locations has transformed into forest fires. Apart from harming the ecological system, the forest fires cause financial damages. For instance that as globally Amazon forest fires realizing every year and the forest fires realized Muğla province locating in Aegean Region of Turkey in 2021, burned the nature. The colors of nature turn into black…
In this context, we elected the theme of the competition as “The effects, reasons and results of the Fires”. We will be waiting your cartoons. We wish success to all candidates.
1) The competition has been organized for national and international for competitors who are amateur or professional throughout world.
2) The caricatures including out of public decency, containing offence and politics, undesirable and harmful declarations cannot attend the competition.
3) The relatives of jury mustn’t attend the competition.
4) Drawing technique is free. The candidates must fill the participation form.
5) Participation of the competition will be applied only electronic (e-mail) way. Caricature size must be at least A4 (21 x 29.7 cm) and uttermost A3 (29.7 x 42 cm), must be 300 dpi, jpg.
6) Caricatures that will be sent must haven’t been get any award. Any caricature that is subjected to replica, similar or comprint will not be received for consideration.
7) Competitors must add their short CVs to their work.
8) Participants can send 5 (three) caricatures maximum.
9) Any competitor who is under the age of 18 must attach his/her personal id’s copy to their application.
10) The deadline for the delivery is on Friday, 20th May 2022. The work must be sent to the email@example.com under the headline “Muğla Büyükşehir Belediyesi 3. Uluslararası Karikatür Yarışması” with name of the artist, country and city.
11) Any participants under the age of 18 one of his/her parents’ accommodation and transportation fee will be covered. (The expenses of the guests who came with competitors will be their own.). Accommodation and transportation expenses of our award-winning participants under 18 and a parent will be covered.
12) The prize winners reward will be transferred to their IBAN which will be given before the competition. Beneficiary must have completed the papers in full and sign it. If the beneficiary does not inform his/her IBAN number, the prize is going to be lapsed within a year. In case of lapse, participants cannot have any rights on prize, copyright.
13) Any caricatures sent to the competition will not be sent back. The ranked or unranked caricatures may be used or shared by Mugla Metropolitan Municipality for cultural purposes. Among the sent caricatures, an album will be organized by Mugla Metropolitan Municipality with the help of Jury members. These albums will only be sent to the participants who are ranked in the competition and published in the album.
14) The right of publication of the works awarded as prize and a mention or works that will be exhibit at the end of the competition will belong to Mugla Metropolitan Municipality according to Law of Intellectual Property Rights numbered 5846, 21st title, 22nd , 23rd title, 24th title and 25th title. According to these rights Mugla Metropolitan Municipality can use these works in Turkish or all other languages, all kind of publishing contents by indicating the artist’s name for indefinitely. Muğla Metropolitan Municipality doesn’t allow using of the works for any other purposes under any circumstances. No payment will be done for the works that will be exhibited or chosen for album. All participants who have submitted their work for the competition are deemed to have accepted the conditions above.
First Prize: 10.000 TL
Second Prize: 7.000 TL
Third Prize: 5.000 TL
Honorable Mention (3): 2.000 TL
2 Candidates who are Under the age of 18 (10-18) : 1.000 TL special award
Oğuz ARAL Special Prize: 1.500 TL
Gürbüz DOĞAN EKŞİOĞLU (Ass. Doc. Yeditepe University Lecturer – Caricaturist)
Savaş ÜNLÜ (Humourist)
Şevket YALAZ (Caricaturist)
Abdülkadir USLU (Caricaturist)
Mehmet SELÇUK (Caricaturist, General Coordinator)
Sait MUNZUR (Caricaturist)
Sarkis PAÇACI (Caricaturist)
1. The deadline is until the end of working hours on Friday, 20 May 2022
2. The jury evaluation meeting will be held on Saturday, 28 May 2022
3. The results of the competition will be announced on Monday, 13 June 2022
4. The award ceremony will be held on a date determined by Muğla Metropolitan Municipality. Caricatures that the jury deems worth exhibiting will be exhibited on the date, time and place is going to be decided by Muğla Metropolitan Municipality.
Competition Coordinator: Serdal YILDIRIM – Ceyda Ceren ZABİR
Phone: 0(536) 862 67 91 – 0(542) 380 52 00
Operator: 444 48 01 Interior: 1123
Address: Muğla Büyükşehir Belediyesi Müştakbey Mahallesi Belediye Sokak No:6 Menteşe/Muğla
Note: Muğla Metropolitan Municipality reserves the right to make changes in this specification if deem is necessary.
3.000 TL (Turkish Liras) will be paid as daily allowance to jury members.