The 1st International Caricature Competition Contest
1) The competition has been organized for national and international for competitors who is amateur or professional throughout world.
2) The caricatures including out of public decency, containing offence and politics, undesirable and harmful declarations cannot attend the competition.
3) The relatives of jury cannot attend the competition.
4) Drawing style is optional. If the caricature is wanted to be sent as printed out, it must contain the sign (wet signature) of artist.
5) Caricature size must be at least A4 (21 x 29.7 cm) and uttermost A3 (29.7 x 42 cm) and it mustn’t be glued on any surface.
6) Caricatures that will be sent must haven’t been get any award. Any caricature that is subjected to replica, similar or comprint will not be received for consideration.
7) Caricatures that ranked as a result of the competitioun will be exhibited on the official website od Muğla metropolitan Municipality between the 3rd and 10th of June. Carricatures that are found to be similar will be disqualified from the competition. In case of such a determination, the reserved works will be rewarded. Participant will be responsible for all possible discussions, stolen and similar claims.
8) Short autobiography of the artists must be added to their caricatures.
9) Participants can send 3 (three) caricatures maximum.
10) Participants must write their names, surnames, addresses, cell-phone number and country name at the back of the caricature.
11) Any participants under the age 18 must add their identification copy to their caricatures.
12) The deadline for the delivery of the works is 18th May 2020.
“Muğla Büyükşehir Belediyesi 1. Uluslararası Karikatür Yarışması”, name and surname of the artist and the work must be sent to
the Muğla Büyükşehir Belediyesi Müştakbey Mahallesi Belediye Sokak no:6 Menteşe/Muğla
till 18th May 2020.
13) Any participants under the age of 18 one of his/her parents’ accommodation and transportation fee will be paid.
(The expenses of the guests who came with competitors will be their own.)
The transportation and accommodation expenses of the competitors, who won the honourable mansion and special prizes, will not be covered.
Accommodation and transportation expenses of our award-winning participants under 18 and a parent will be covered.
14) The prize winners reward will be transferred to their IBAN which will be given before the competition. Beneficiary must have completed the papers in full and sign it. If the beneficiary doesn’t inform his/her IBAN number, the prize is going to be lapsed within a year. In case of lapse, participants cannot have any rights on prize, copyright.
15) Any caricatures sent to the competition won’t be sent back.
The ranked or unranked caricatures may be used or shared by Mugla Metropolitan Municipality for cultural purposes. Among the sent caricatures, an album will be organized by Mugla Metropolitan Municipality with the help of Jury members.
These albums will only be sent to the participants who are ranked in the competition and published in the album.
16) The right of publication of the works awarded as prize, mansion mention or works that will be exhibit at the end of the competition will belong to Mugla Metropolitan Municipality according to Law of Intellectual Property Rights numbered 5846, 21st title, 22nd, 23rd title, 24th title and 25th title. According to these rights Mugla Metropolitan Municipality can use these works in Turkish or all other languages, all kind of publishing contents by indicating the artist’s name for indefinitely. Muğla Metropolitan Municipality doesn’t allow using of the works for any other purposes under any circumstances. No payment will be done for the works that will be exhibited or chosen for album. All participants who have submitted their work for the competition are deemed to have accepted the conditions above.
First Prize: 7.500 TL
Second Prize: 5.000 TL
Third Prize: 3.500 TL
Honorable Mention (3): 1. 500 TL
Under the age of 18 (10-18) : 750 TL
Turan Özdemir Special Prize: 1.000 TL
Gürbüz DOĞAN EKŞİOĞLU (Ass. Doc. Yeditepe University Lecturer – Caricaturist)
Savaş ÜNLÜ (Humourist)
Şevket YALAZ (Caricaturist)
Abdül Kadir USLU (Caricaturist)
Mehmet SELÇUK (Caricaturist, General Coordinator)
Sait MUNZUR (Caricaturist)
Rudy GHEYSENS (President of Belgium Caricaturist Association – Caricaturist)
An Authorized person from Muğla Metropolitan Municipality
1. The deadline is until the end of working hours on Monday, 18 May 2020
2. The jury evaluation meeting will be held on Saturday, 30 May 2020
3. The results of the competition will be announced on Tuesday, 15 June 2020
4. The award ceremony will be www.mugla.bel.tr
Muğla Belediyesi Karikatür Yarışması Katılım Formu
Application form of Muğla Municipality Carricature Competition