SUBHANI SHAIK, M.Sc.,
Designation: Cartoon Editor
Date of Birth: August 11, 1961
Andhra Bhoomi Weekly – 1985 to 1988 as Illustrator and Cartoonist
Andhra Bhoomi Daily – 1988 to 1990 as Political Cartoonist
Deccan Chronicle – Political Cartoonist since 1990 till date
Deccan Chronicle is the largest circulated English Daily in South India
Asian Age – Cartoons are also published every day in national newspaper Asian Age since 2003
- Sketched 25,000 political cartoons for Deccan Chronicle and Andhra Bhoomi in the last 27 years. Over 15,000 illustrations published in newspapers and magazines
BOOKS PUBLISHED: ‘The Drive’, ‘Point-Counterpoint’, ‘Adaab Hyderabad’,Screentoons.
AWARDS AND PRIZES (Most recent ones)
2017: Nava Telangana Best cartoonist Award.
- 2016: Cartoon Watch Lifetime Achievement Award, at cartoon festival-2016, Raipur.
2014: Best cartoonist Award by Bharat Prakashan Trust on Narada Jayanthi, World journalists Day.
2013: Lifetime Achievement Award from Lions clubs International for cartoon journalism .
2010: Yudhvir Award for the outstanding contribution to cartoon journalism.
- Dicaco 2010 International Cartoon Festival Seoul, Korea — HM Prize
- FIFA and Iran Cartoon House, Foot NET Intl Cartoon Exhibition — Prize of Honour
- Tabriz International Cartoon Festival on ‘Prevention of Addiction’ – Selected Prize
- Second FCW International Cartoon Festival, China — ‘Award of Success’
- Iran Cartoon House Cartoon Exhibition on Palestinians are homeless. – Honourable mention.
- 2004 “Peace Cup” International Contest, Shanghai, China – Honourable mention.
- LENG MU International Cartoon Festival China — Excellence Prize
- AIDS Control Society of India National Level Cartoon contest — Special Prize
- 42nd International Cartoon Festival Knoke-heist, Belgium — ‘Public Prize’
- The Daejeon International Cartoon Contest, Korea — Fifth Daejeon Award
- Rodhas International Cartoon Festival, Greece — Selected Prize
- FCW International Cartoon Festival, China — Selected Prize
2001: AIDS Control Society of India National Level Cartoon Contest — 1st Prize
ADDRESS: Office: Deccan Chronicle, 36, Sarojini Devi Road, Secunderabad-500 003, AP
Ph: 040-2775 0645, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
Greetings From: India Toons