Jordanian cartoonist Emad Hajjaj: (short bio )
Emad is a well-known cartoonist in the Middle East , he published many political cartoons in many regional & local Arabic newspapers & websites , with a cartooning career that exceeds 25 years so far, & using his cartoon character Abu Mahjoob , Emad adopted values of freedom ,free speech , fighting tyranny , spreading democracy , & portrayed all these themes in his cartoon , Emad art flourished during the late Arab spring , many of his works become popular among young Arab readers through social media , he won Dubai press Award twice for best Arab cartoons , and considered one of the most 500 influential figures in the Arabic world according to Arabian Business magazine , Dubai .
Currently works in Alaraby Al Jadeed newspaper London,
Al-Ghad newspaper Jordan,
Roya TV Jordan
(detailed Bio )
Jordanian cartoonist Emad Hajjaj
- Born in Albira city in 1967, Jordan
- Received his First Award in 1974 in an elementary school competition.
- Graduated from Yarmouk University in 1991 with a BA in Graphic Design as a Major, and journalism as a Minor.
- After graduation, he worked for several local & regional newspapers, including Al Dustour, and Al Rai. Al Quds Al Arabi newspaper, currently he works for Al Ghad newspaper (Jordan), Emirates Today (UAE).
- His cartoons are also available on www.politicalcartoons.com & his cartoons are published sometimes throw this website in many international newspapers such as: NY Times, the Washington Post, L.A Times, the NewsWeek , & the Times of London .
- He worked as a designer, creative director, computer illustrator, animation creator, copy writer, in many local advertising agencies,
& for several years till now, Hajjaj was considered as one of the most 100 influential Arabic people according to Arabian Business Magazine annual list.
His Major Exhibitions:
- Cartoon exhibition in 1999, City Hall of Amman.
- American University (AUB) cartoon exhibition, Beirut May- 2003.
- Jordan Social Club – Dubai cartoon exhibition, Dubai Nov. 2003.
- 2nd Cartoon exhibition, City Hall of Amman. 2008
- Many other local regional & international exhibitions & participations.
- “Al Mahjoob”, Vol. I & Vol. II, Vol III caricature Albums, published in 1999 & 2008, 2018
- A Member in the Jordan Press Association since 1999
- Won 1st award as: Best cartoonist, Al Hussein Journalist Creativity Award, JPA 2001.
- Winner of Dubai Press Award twice , 2006 , 2010, for Best Published Cartoon in Arabic Media .
- President of Jordanian Cartoonists Association (JCA)
- Greetings From: India Toons