2nd International Cartoon Exhibition “ZeGeBOOM” in Crotia.
After last year’s theme QUAKE, this year’s theme is CROWD (described more precisely and beautifully by Branka Hlevnjak):
OUR EVERYDAY CROWDING
Crowding is not only caused by people in narrow streets, in elevators, buses and trams.
The crowd is made by cars for a reason and for no apparent reason.
It’s crowded on the terraces, in the bars, especially when it gets cold outside.
Dogs (and cats) stir up the crowd with their bigoted behavior.
There is a crowd in the head when obligations exceed all measures.
There is a crowd in front of the goal (and the basket) but also in front of the garbage containers that are not emptied on time.
There is a crowd in front of the counters and cash registers when saving on staff or when staff enjoy creating crowds.
Crowds are an opportunity to meet and make friends with like-minded people, but also a scenario for a fight.
There are hundreds of reasons to crowd. They are part of everyday life, as an existential tendency to escape from danger.
Crowds are also the fruit of greed.
Crowding is also among the objects in the careless accumulation of products and garbage.
There is a crowd in the media space and on social networks.
The only solution to the crowd is desolation and solitude.
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION HERE:
Online exhibition open to all authors regardless of nationality, age, gender and profession.
(***The organizer leaves open the possibility of organizing a live exhibition, but we will inform you about this later).
1 – 3 caricatures WITHOUT WORDS
Works may have been previously published, exhibited and awarded at other competitions.
Format: A4 (210×297 mm), RGB, JPEG, 300 dpi, high resolution.
Exhibition selector, art critic mr.sc. Branka Hlevnjak, will select 1 work from each author.
DEADLINE FOR SENDING YOUR WORK(S)
November 25, 2022
ADDRESS FOR SUBMISSION
– Registration is valid only with a completed application form!
– Public online voting (Facebook):
– International expert panel of jurors (names to be decided).
– Competition/ acceptance of works: 01.11. – 25.11.2022.
– Online exhibition/ voting: 01/12/2022 – 10/12/2022
– Results/ e-catalog: December 20, 2022.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place:
– Unique personalized painted T-shirt, 22 postcards with an award-winning caricature, diploma.
– All participants receive results and a digital catalog by email.
– Authors receive confirmation of participation in the exhibition by e-mail upon request.
– Promotion of authors and works in the media and the public via the organizer’s website http://upset.hr
The exhibited works remain available to the organizer, who can use them for promotional and other purposes without royalties and continue to exhibit, with the name, surname and country of the author and the title of the exhibition.
UPSET – Association for the prevention of stigmatization and theater education
Knežija 9, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Project volunteer: Ph.D. Ivan Hromatko / UPSET
Exhibition selector: M.Sc. sc. Branka Hlevnjak, art critic
Professional associate: Dragutin Dado Kovačević, academic painter/graphic artist / ARTour
Courtesy: Mr. Fawzy Morsy
Greetings from India Toons