Faced with the biggest military conflict after the Second World War and the threat of global suffering, and in memory of the great crime in Kragujevac, in which in 1941, 81 years ago, the German occupiers shot thousands of innocent civilians in one day, and with a sincere desire to express a strong warning to today’s militarists.
The memorial park “Kragujevački oktobar”, Kragujevac, Serbia, announces COMPETITION
COMPETITION OF THE XXII INTERNATIONAL ANTI-WAR SALON CARTOONS “KRAGUJEVAC 2023”
The international jury will make a selection out of submitted cartoons which is to be exhibited and published in the Salon‘s catalog and award the following prices:
Grand Prix “Courier of Peace” and a prize of 1,500 euros from the International Association of Cities of Peace Newspapers
Gold plaque and 1,000 euros
Silver plaque and 800 euros
Bronze plaque and 500 euros
Award of the Mayor of Bydgoszcz (Poland) in the amount of 750 euros
Award of the city of Ingolstadt (Germany) in the amount of 750 euros
Award of the city of Bielsko-Biala (Poland) in the amount of 500 euros
Prize of the city of Siren (France) in the amount of 500 euros
Prize of the city of Pitesti (Romania) in the amount of 500 euros
Award of the city of Carrara (Italy) in the amount of 500 euros
THE PRIZE FUND IS 7,300 EUROS.
The jury may also award a number of diplomas to shortlisted works for awards.
– The right to participate in the contest is open to cartoonists and artists from all over the world who submit at most 3 (three) cartoons on the topic of anti-war and understanding and solidarity between people and nations, which have not been awarded by any other international competition, A4-A3 formatted, while art technique is at the artist’s choice, including the electronic form, 300 dpi, with the original signature.
– Papers on the back or in the signature of the electronic form should contain information about the author (name, surname, year of birth, address, phone/fax, e-mail).
– On the back of the artwork or in the signature of the electronic form should be written data on the artist (such as: name, surname, address, phone/fax, e/mail.)
– The deadline for submission of works is August 18th, 2023.
– The jury session is to be held on August 25th and 26th, 2023.
– The Cartoons should be sent to the address: SALON ANTIRATNE KARIKATURE, Desankin venac bb, 34000 Kragujevac, Serbia or to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
– The works submitted to the competition are not returned and the Salon reserves the right to use them without special compensation.
– Prizes will be awarded within three months from the date of announcement of the winners.
The International Salon of Anti-War Caricature had a great international promotion and affirmation. After the announcement of the winners, the presentation of awards and the opening of the exhibition in Kragujevac, the Salon exhibition is being set up in numerous cities around the world and in international organizations. The salon has visited more than 40 cities in 20 countries. Thus, the Salon exhibition was presented in the United Nations building in New York, in the exhibition premises of the European Commission in Brussels, Auschwitz (Oświęcim-Poland), the Festival “The World is Colorful” in Ingolstadt (Germany), Pitesti (Romania), the Polish cities of Bydgoszcz, Bielsko-Biała, Plonsk, Wielun, Toruń. The exhibition was also seen by the public in Mexico City, Limassol (Cyprus), Berlin and Dresden (Germany), Paris (France), Trijavna (Bulgaria), Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina), Skopje (Macedonia), Carrara and Monte Cassino (Italy). New Haven (USA), Poltava (Ukraine), Messolonghi (Greece), Kotor (Montenegro), Slovenj Gradec (Slovenia)…
The virtual exhibition of the Salon is available on the website of the Memorial park www.spomenpark.rs
Courtesy: Mr. Fawzy Morsy
Best Wishes From India Toons